Research Policy

To conduct a research in Chuuk, researchers must have a :

  • Request Letter
  • Research Proposal
  • MOU between researcher and the state (a sample MOU is available upon request )

In addition researchers may need a Bio-data/resume of the lead researcher plus a recommendation letter. Visa will be issued out for the duration of the research project. Please note that this visa/permit only applies to all researcher. All non-FSM citizens should refer to the FSM National Cultural Policy.

For further information please look up our Research Policy in the National Research Policy website (